Dive into the world of textile dyeing and dye your own pieces of fabric. Look forward to an exclusive Event under the guidance of Anna who is going to teach you the right technique.
Details at a glance
- Duration: 3 hours
- What is included: All materials and ingredients that are needed.
- What should I bring: Just be in a good mood.
- What will I be taking home: Your very own piece of dyed fabric.
- Covid-19 protective measures:
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
- You must provide either proof of complete vaccination, proof of Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test taken no more than 24 hours prior to the start of the activity.
+++ Searching for the perfect gift? Or simply didn’t find the right date for this event?
– Get a giftcard here +++
If you want to learn how to make beautiful patterns on fabric using only pigments from plants, this workshop is for you.
Shibori is a Japanese manual resist dyeing technique, which produces unique patterns on fabric. There are countless shibori patterns that can be made. Binding, stitching, folding, twisting, or compressing cloth – each one gives very different results. These techniques can be combined, to make the results even more interesting.
In this workshop, we will work with plant pigments. You will be introduced to the basics of extracting colors from plants and making them last. If you are interested in how non-toxic, natural dyes can be applied to the fabric, join us in our new studio at Exerzierstraße 8.
This workshop will cover:
- experimenting with different shibori techniques
- preparing the fabric for the dyeing process
- extracting plant pigments and where to find them
- using modifying substances in the tie-dye process
We will perform a series of small exercises to get to know different shibori techniques. After exploring the methods and producing multiple samples, we will focus on completing the main project – tie-dyed piece, which you will take home with you.
This workshop will be held in English but questions in German can be answered too. If you’re a beginner or have only a basic knowledge of the subject, this introductory workshop is for you.
All materials will be provided, including fabric samples, silk scarves, mordants, and dye plants.
+++ Also available as an exclusive group event!
You can send us a request here: Group event request +++
Tie-dye - Workshop in Berlin
Duration: 3 hours || What is included: All materials and ingredients that are needed.